Monday, February 1, 2016

100

The rest of the time through day 100 was much of the same thing!  Speck pooped, speck ate and speck slept!!  

A lot!!  

There were poops of epic proportions!!  People always talk about projectile vomit but no one ever EVER mentioned anything about projectile pooping!!  Well let me assure you that it indeed exists.

The first time it happened I was in shock and disbelief.  We were mid-diaper change and daddy was getting ready for work.  Speck was in our room at the time. Her play pen was butted up right against our bed with a little room to stand between our bed and her playpen.  Her butt had been wiped clean and the dirty diaper removed.  I had a waterproof mat under her for accidental pees (which happens too but somehow it's not quite as horrific) and I was quickly unfolding the next diaper when it happened...mustardy yellow poop shot out of specks butt through the air and splattered all across her play pen!! I screamed 😱, speck cried 😭 and victor came running 😪out of the bathroom!!

He found me covered in poop, Speck covered in poop, our bedroom floor covered in poop and poop splattered against the walls of the play pen!  It was epic!!  I wish I could say that that was the first and last time I fell victim to projectile poop, but it was not.  

(I've spared speck the horror and humiliation of having her pooplosion documented however here is a shot of little miss right before the poopnami!)

I'm not sure how someone so little could poop so much but there you have it.  The only saving grace is that when they are that little it doesn't smell too bad!! It smells kinda the same comming out as it did going in 😱 which contributes to my dislike of breastmilk's odor.

All that pooping must tucker out a growing wee one because as much as speck pooped.  She slept just as much!  For a brand new baby she sure did love sleep much to mommy and daddy's relief.  There are so many horror stories out there of bad sleepers and being one who loves her sleep I was really nervous about a sleepless babe.  Whew!  Praise God who truly give you only what you can handle!!  I got a sleeper!!  Even from day 1.  She slept 5-6 hrs at a time.  The nurses in the hospital were horrified that speck slept 5 hrs and I hadn't fed her in between.  What?  I read not to wake a sleeping baby and that they'll wake when they're hungry.  First time mom fail I guess?  So they made me wake her and feed her every few hrs, but I felt so bad waking her and she was so grouchy having been woken up!  Anyways, needless to say thereafter I adhered strictly to the old "never wake a sleeping baby" adage as did my pediatrician!  And speck still grew and thrived!  This does not mean there weren't times when we were up till 1 or 2am wondering, "what the heck kid?" But over all she slept well and it gave me lots of snuggle times!!

(Her milk drunk highness!!)

(Miss cuddles!!  Must be the fact that I smell like her food!!)

(Napping with lights on and me I the room tapping away at the computer being watch by sleeping bear)

She napped super well in the daytime giving me lots of time to take care of household bills and Church stuff, which was great, but that also made me worried that her days and night were flip flopped.  So we sleep trained her at 8 weeks old!  We picked a Thursday night to start so that VC would be there for three nights straight to help me!  She cried for 3 hrs straight that first night!!  Poor baby's voice was noticeably hoarse the next day from crying!!  But something clicked and speck instantly became much more independent and able to sleep at night!  Whoa!  Snaps to sleep training!!

After the first month she also made longer trips out and met...

Her grandaddy (moms dad)

Her auntie alty (mom's cousin)

Her grand uncle and great grand aunt (moms uncle and jiu po)

Her cousin Melanie 

Mommy's friend since kindergarten and her husband and child!!

Daddy's friend Edward and his baby girl izzy.

As the holidays rolled around speck celebrated her first thanksgiving and Christmas and around this time we finally caught her first smiles on camera!  Granted this really was just a smirk...what can I say I got a skeptical baby!


She also rang in the new year in style!! Milk drunk and passed out on mommys shoulder!!  What a party animal.  I hope this isn't a peak at what's to come in her teenage years....


And thus marks specks first 100 days!

Stay tuned for more speckventures!



No comments:

Post a Comment